Adviser Tips for
1. If you have
several chapters, only list yourself once as an
adviser. With the other chapter(s), list yourself as a
non-attending adviser so you won’t get a conference fee
charged again but you will receive a different adviser
registration number for the different chapter. A second adviser is listed under adviser with the first adviser’s registration number so that all will appear on the same cost summary.
2. Other adults who are attending the entire conference should be registered under adults.
3. STAR Events participants are required to register for and attend the full conference. It is a good idea to print each member's registration so that you have a record of the STAR Event submission.
4. Adults who are attending only one day of the conference to evaluate STAR Events need not be registered. Their names are submitted on the Evaluator Response Form.
5. Reminder: One chaperone must accompany each 8 students during State Leadership Conference, adding 1 additional chaperone for numbers within increments of 8.
6. Chapters are also required to provide one adult evaluator, lead consultant, and/or room consultant for every 6 STAR Events participants, adding 1 additional volunteer for numbers within increments of 6.
If you volunteer members to work at STAR Events, please be aware that they might not get an assignment.
7. When typing in the chapter name, register as the same name that is
on your national affiliation. Do not use letter
abbreviations like CCTC; always include a distinctive
word, i.e. Cambria CTC. Do not use your chapter type as
your chapter name, i.e. Culinary AM; always include a
distinctive word like Blair Culinary AM.
An adviser must register (even if
not attending) in order for Chapter information to be
submitted. Select the adviser entry type and fill in
appropriate fields. For a second adviser, select Adviser, then click the button for 2nd adviser and add the first adviser’s registration number in the blue box. For an adult attending the entire conference, click Adult.
to begin the online
Read all information on the main page carefully before
beginning the registration process.
After choosing your registration type (Adviser, Adult,
Student), follow the instructions below.
STEP 1: SUBMIT INFORMATION
1. Begin the registration process by registering the adviser
(select the Adviser button).
2. Under Registrant
Information, select the Adviser, Second Adviser, or
Non-Attending Adviser button. Only for second adviser will you add the first adviser’s registration number. For Adviser and Non-Attending Adviser, do not put a number in
the Adviser’s Registration # box. You will get
this number at the end of the registration.
Continue with adding required information about the adviser.
1. STAR Event Volunteer:
If you chose a role working with STAR Events, use the
pull-down menus to select your three event preferences.
1. Complete the chapter information.
2. Enter the name and email address of your voting delegate(s).
3. Enter the name of your Chapter Member(s) of the Year.
4. If your chapter has completed a National Program
this year, click the corresponding box under the
5. Click the Proceed to Step 2 button. If any
fields are not properly completed, you will receive
information on what needs completed before you will be
able to proceed.
STEP 2: CONFIRM INFORMATION
Confirm that all information, including spelling of names, is
correct and click the Finalize button.
If any of the information is incorrect, click the
Make Changes button, make your changes, and click
the Proceed to Step 2 button. Continue
this process until all information is correct.
STEP 3: FINALIZE
When you finalize your registration, you will be given
a Registration Number (located in the top
portion of the grey box under the total registration
2. Print the confirmation page
so you will have the your Adviser's Registration Number when you
are ready to register your members, second adviser, adults, or guests.
3. IMPORTANT FOR ADVISERS: You will use
your “Adviser's Registration Number” for
everyone associated with your chapter (other adults,
students, and guests). When you begin
subsequent registrations, the area where you will enter
your registration number is referred to as "Adviser's
Registration Number" and is indicated by the blue-green
box on the main registration page. All names
connected to your “Adviser's Registration Number” will
show up on your cost summary / invoice.
Cost Summary / Invoice
You can check your cost summary / invoice anytime to make sure
your registrants are connected to your chapter.
1. On the bottom of the first registration page, enter
your adviser registration number in the blue-green box
and click the
Adviser Cost Summary. The cost summary instantly
totals your fees.
2. When you have finished registering your group,
double check the list of attendees, then finalize by
clicking the “finalize” button at the bottom of the
cost summary / invoice page. Once this process is completed,
no changes can be made.
3. Print out this cost summary / invoice page and use it to
request your chapter check for payment. Follow payment
directions listed on the Adviser Checklist.
Contact Mrs. Nadine Standley
or Debbie Yablinsky.