PDE 430 Observation
Supporting Evidence List
The following documentation will
be collected by your FRP before you begin your lesson for the PDE 430
observation; it will be filed as evidence to support the observation.
Category I: Planning and Preparation
- An instructional plan for a theory or demonstration lesson
- Academic standards that are addressed in the lesson
- Accommodations/adaptations you make based on student needs and the students' IEPs
- Copy of any handouts you provided to students during the lesson
- Evaluation instrument for the lesson (written test or performance test)
Category II: Classroom Environment
- Copy of your classroom rules
- Copy of your shop/safety rules
- Copy of your grading policy
Category III: Instructional Delivery
This category will be assessed by your FRP during the actual observation.
No additional paperwork is required for this category on the PDE form.
Category IV: Professionalism
- Written communication that you sent to students, parents, advisory committee members, etc.
- Include a letter that you sent to your students and/or their parents
- Include a copy of your most recent advisory committee minutes
- Family contact log - attach a copy of the form that you use at your school (be sure to white out names for confidentiality)
- School and district contribution log - use the form provided or include minutes or forms that document your involvement
in school committees and/or community service activities.
- Professional development activities:
- Vocational Intern Certificate holders - use the form provided to document your professional development activities
- Vocational Instructional I Certificate holders: